Early Head Start (EHS) provides services to families with children from birth to three (3) years old; pregnant and teen mothers.
Services are comprehensive and families focused; support services for children with disabilities.
Early Head Start Offers;
- Quality childcare for families who meet eligibility criteria.
- Warm, caring, safe & responsive environment
- Program options available to meet individual family needs
- Services provided to children with special needs
- Support to pregnant women, expectant fathers & pregnant teens to meet personal goals
- Foundation for developing social relationship, self confidence, security and character enhancement
- Nutritional meals
- Health screening & educational workshops/training
- Career development
- Volunteer & employment opportunities
- Linkage to community services & resources
- Transition into Head Start program
CAPE offers comprehensive prenatal and postpartum health care, breastfeeding education, and prenatal education to the expectant mother. When the mother has her baby, a home visit is completed with the Home Visitor and Health Nurse within two weeks of delivery and postpartum information is shared. Staff insures the mother has a medical and dental home. This program option is a full year model. Topics shared with the mother include, but are not limited to:
- Fetal development
- Risks of smoking/alcohol
- Labor and delivery
- Potential mental health issues
- Postpartum recovery
- Postpartum health care